Your obligations include:
- Reviewing the scope of your product portfolio and any exemptions you may be able to claim
- Registering with national registers / disclosure of registration numbers
- Financing take-back and recycling
- Appointing an Authorised Representative
- Making Put on Market declarations
- Various information obligations
- Mandatory product labelling
What products are affected by the legislation?
A fundamental distinction is made between the following three categories of batteries:
- Portable batteries
- Industrial batteries
- Automotive batteries
Correct classification according to the chemical composition, field of application and local regulations is necessary, as each category entails different requirements in respect of the collection, recycling and, in particular, the financing of these activities.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to have a word with us.